Lower Middle Fork American River
If you're looking for a family friendly rafting option, then the Lower Middle Fork of the American River is for you. You'll paddle through calmer waters at a relaxed pace surrounded by incredible scenery.
What to Expect on Your Lower Middle Fork Rafting Trip
We’ll meet up behind the Raley’s supermarket in Auburn at 11.30am sharp and get all the waivers signed. Then we’ll set you up with your helmet, paddle & personal flotation device. The head guide will deliver a short safety briefing to the group, and once you’re assigned a raft guide you can head down to water.
Once on board your raft guide will conduct a quick in-water orientation and give some tips on how to paddle and work as a team to make your trip enjoyable. If you’ve got little ones with you we’ll make sure they’re all prepared for their adventure.
Enjoy the Rapids and Take in the Wilderness
Once we set off all boats will stay together as we head downriver at a fairly relaxed pace. We’ll be cruising along through some splashy rapids which are great fun for everyone. You’ll also get the opportunity to swim in the smaller rapids if you’d like to.
As we float downriver you’ll appreciate the scenic pristine wilderness. You’ll see egrets and herons flying above and you might even spot otters, foxes, and raccoons. The gentle pace and fun rapids will continue as we head towards Mammoth Bar.
Finally we’ll arrive at Mammoth Bar at around 3:30pm and we’ll bus you back to Raley’s where your vehicles are waiting. We hope you enjoyed your American River whitewater rafting experience with Sierra Whitewater!
Good to Know
- Start times are based on dam releases that provide sufficient water for rafting so don’t be late! Let us know ASAP if you’re at ANY risk of being late!
- Overnight camping is available at Camp Lotus with hot showers, flush toilets, fire pits and barbecues as well as a camp store and deli. Contact us for more information.
- Let us know in advance if you’ve booked separately from your friends but want to be together.
- We recommend bringing additional cool weather clothing in April, May, September & October.
- Photographers are available on special request only.
- If you want to go with a specific guide, let us know in advance and we will try our best to organize it.
- Youths and people under 90lbs require a different life jacket. Please let us know advance.
Christine F., Boulder City, Nevada
My kids and I had a fantastic time and would definitely choose this outfitter again...
Carolyn B., Walnut Creek, Calif.
My husband used to be a raft guide himself and he said that our guide (Luke) was very good from a technical perspective...
Suzan H., Sacramento, Calif.
The employees were a joy, the owner, Deric was professional, efficient and a fantastic guide....